ADSM-L

Tapes supported

1994-02-03 15:13:56
Subject: Tapes supported
From: "Paul L. Bradshaw" <PAULB AT STLVM4.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 12:13:56 PST
Our announce identifies all drives supported.  Briefly they are
Exabyte and IBM (re-logoed Exabyte) 8mm drives (2.5G, 5G, 10G).  This is
the Exabyte 8200, 8500, 120, 10i, 10e and associated IBM drives.  We also
support the Lago Datawheel library.  Other tapes are the IBM 3490
(and 3480) drives on the AIX server.  I'd refer you to our announce
material for specifics but that is the basic set above.

The Metrum VHS is not supported.

Do large tapes make sense with colocation?  Yes, because ADSM will keep
appending data onto tapes until they are full.  Colocation works to
minimize the number of tapes a node's data (client data) is on.  If
ADSM has 20 tapes available to it yet there are 40 nodes in the system,
tapes will start containing data from multiple nodes.  A 25 gig tape should
be able to handle data for multiple nodes effeciently.

Paul