ADSM-L

Re: "Point-in-time-restore"?

1994-02-01 16:35:00
Subject: Re: "Point-in-time-restore"?
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio {510} 642-7638 {w}" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 13:35:00 PST
OK OK OK !

Dean:  I don't want to gang up on you but ...

Richard, Paul et al are right.  Virus protection is not the point.

Pick  ANY DUMP REASON a user might WANT (or badly need) to restore their
workstation to a certain point in time , AFTER the fact.

AND as many users I have each one can come up with a (unique) dump reason!! :-)

And further more I told the instructor in the ADSM class that he was missing
the point when he talked about critical/mission data.

IF my user has to send x hours reinstalling all his software because of a
hard disk crash then that data is 'mission critical' because that user has
better things to do!     (Provided I can deliver x/n restore time instead
where n = 2 or much greater!
                                    cheers .. joe.f.