ADSM-L

Re: 'Point-in-time-restore'?

1994-02-01 16:09:56
Subject: Re: 'Point-in-time-restore'?
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 16:09:56 EST
IN THE CLASS ON ADSM THAT I TOOK THE INSTRUCTOR EMPHASIZED THAT
THE PURPOSE OF ADSM WAS TO ENSURE THE INTEGRITY OF MISSION CRITICAL
DATA, RATHER THAN TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR RESTORING AN ENTIRE
FILE SYSTEM.  SO TO INCORPORATE THIS ABILITY INTO ADMS WOULD APPEAR
TO REQUIRE A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN ITS DESIGN PHILOSOPHY.

Robert P. Klein                          NIH Computer Center
Robert P. Klein                          NIH Computer Center
KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV (Internet)                KL2@NIHCU (BITNET)
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-402-0537