ADSM-L

Help

1994-01-29 15:02:34
Subject: Help
From: "T.F. (Frank) Ramke 1-607-752-6404" <RAMKETF AT GDLVM7.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 1994 15:02:34 EST
Hi,
While I'm not sure why you need to login to the UPM for installing
ADSM....I believe the default user id IS "USERID" and the default
password is "PASSWORD". This was the case several years ago anyway.
Good luck!
Frank Ramke

Hello, this is my first time sending to this list, though I've been reading
your mail for a few weeks.  I'm pretty frustrated.

Bit by bit I've tried to figure out what the requirements are to get ADSM
installed, but I've yet to find any single place that tells me what I need;
only after I buy one piece do I discover within that documentation that
I need yet another piece--or so it seems.  This is supposed to be up and
running by the end of February, and I'm getting discouraged.  What should I be
doing differently?

The plan is to use an IBM PC with OS/2 V2.1.0 as the administrative client
contacting the host (Hitachi EX-100) through 3270.  I've just attempted to
install Extended Services for OS/2 V1.0, and while it appeared to install ok,
the "Start Here" booklet directed me next to page 1-39 where it says, "Log on
with User Profile Management for the first time."  Ok.  I attempt that, but of
course the system does not recognize me; the Help screen says, "For the first
logon after installation, refer to your product documentation to see the
default user ID."  WHAT product documentation?  Several booklets came in the
Extended Services box, but none that I find mentions logging on for the first
time.  Does anyone know what this means?  I hope you're logged in today if you
do; this is not a fun way to spend my Saturday.

DIANE ASHBY                       d-ashb AT vm1.spcs.umn DOT edu
SYS SOFTWARE SUPPORT              d-ashb.uminn1.bitnet
UNIV of MINN, SUITE 660           VOICE: (612) 624-4889
1300 S 2ND ST MPLS,MN 55454       FAX:   (612) 626-1332