ADSM-L

Network Drive Backup in M/S LAN Man Environment

1994-01-14 09:10:55
Subject: Network Drive Backup in M/S LAN Man Environment
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 09:10:55 EST
Has anyone successfully backed up a network drive in a Microsoft
LAN Manager environment using the ADSM DOS client?  We have not
been able to do this.  We get the message drive unavailable when
we attempt to back up the network drive.  We are using the dsmftp
dos client (for PC TCP communication).  It does not make any
difference whether we use the incremental or the selective backup
command, whether we include the network drive in the domain or
not, or whether we have an INCLUDE statement specifically
pointing to the network drive (of course each time we specified
the network drive on the backup command, as well).  In fact, when
the full screen dos client is used, the network drive is
displayed, but with the annotation 'not available', and it is
impossible to choose it.  The ability to back up a network drive
in a LAN Manger environment is crucial to us.  Any input will be
most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Robert P. Klein                          NIH Computer Center
Robert P. Klein                          NIH Computer Center
KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV (Internet)                KL2@NIHCU (BITNET)
Phone: 301-496-5524                      Fax: 301-402-0537