ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/VM Tape Exit Problem

1993-12-29 16:01:38
Subject: Re: ADSM/VM Tape Exit Problem
From: David E Boyes <dboyes AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 15:01:38 -0600

> I have defined three exit machines defined in the options file.
>
> 1st STGPOOL is BACKUPPOOL (DISK)  ------> Next StgPool ---> BACKTAPE.
>
> When the migration starts, DSMSERV autologs DSMEXIT1  without any parameters.
> So DSMEXIT1 logsoff within the PROFILE EXEC after finding nothing queued in
> the Stack. Has any one come across this problem.

Hmm. Do you have any local processing in your SYSPROF EXEC that
might be clearing the stack accidentally? It's worth a look.

> I do not have volumes defined in the BACKTAPE pool, since I want it to get
> it from SCRATCH pool. Here is my STGPOOL definitions:

Did you remember to customize DSMMOUNT EXEC and DSMDELET EXEC
and copy them to DSMEXIT1's disk? All the default profile exec
does is look at the parms passed to it and then call one of those
two exec to do the actual work. The default execs just exit
without attempting the tape mount. If you're using Sterling's
VMTAPE, here's some that work for us:

DSMDELET EXEC:

/* REXX*/
Trace Off
Address Command

/* ---------------------------------------- */
/* Get parameter list.                      */
/* ---------------------------------------- */

Arg serverName requestNum devType volName stgPoolName .

'EXEC VMTAPE CATALOG' volname 'RETPD 0 ( ANYTAPE'

/* ---------------------------------------- */
/* Stack a Logoff command and exit.         */
/* ---------------------------------------- */

Push 'CP LOGOFF'
Exit 0

DSMMOUNT EXEC:

/* REXX */
Address Command
/* ---------------------------------------- */
/* Get parameter list.                      */
/* ---------------------------------------- */

Arg serverName mountWait requestNum devType volName ,
    serverVaddr mountMode format stgPoolName .

fmt = 'DEN 38K'
if devType = '3480' then fmt = 'DEN 38K'
if devtype = '6250' then fmt = 'DEN 6250'
if devtype = '1600' then fmt = 'DEN 1600'

if mountMode = 'R/O' then ring = 'NORING'
   else ring = 'RING'
if volname = 'SCRTCH' then do
   saveword = 'SAVEFOR'
   end
else do
   saveword = 'OWNEDBY'
   end

'EXEC VMTAPE MOUNT' volname servervaddr ,
   '(' saveword servername 'FOR' servername 'LABEL SL WAIT' ring fmt

if rc ^= 0 then 'CP LOGOFF'
Push 'CP LOGOFF'
Exit 0

You'll need to give VMTAPE MOUNTFOR/SAVEFOR and ANYTAPE authorization to the
ADSM server machine and be sure that the scratch pool the ADSM
server machine is supposed to use is listed in the VMTAPE scratch
pool file as assigned to that userid.