ADSM-L

ADSM/VM Tape Exit Problem

1993-12-29 13:40:09
Subject: ADSM/VM Tape Exit Problem
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 13:40:09 EST
I have defined three exit machines defined in the options file.

1st STGPOOL is BACKUPPOOL (DISK)  ------> Next StgPool ---> BACKTAPE.

When the migration starts, DSMSERV autologs DSMEXIT1  without any parameters.
So DSMEXIT1 logsoff within the PROFILE EXEC after finding nothing queued in
the Stack. Has any one come across this problem.

I do not have volumes defined in the BACKTAPE pool, since I want it to get
it from SCRATCH pool. Here is my STGPOOL definitions:

 adsm>
 q stgpool backuppool format=detailed

                Storage Pool Name: BACKUPPOOL
                Device Class Name: DISK
          Estimated Capacity (MB): 382.8
                            %Util: 87.3
                            %Migr: 87.3
                        High Mig%: 90
                         Low Mig%: 50
                Next Storage Pool: BACKTAPE
           Maximum Size Threshold: 40 M
                           Access: Read/Write
            Cache Migrated Files?: Yes
                       Collocate?:
            Reclamation Threshold:
  Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed:
           Migration in Progress?: No
             Amount Migrated (MB): 0.00
 Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 0
         Reclamation in Progress?:
  Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed:
   Last Update by (administrator): SERVER_CONSOLE
            Last Update Date/Time: 12/28/1993 17:02:51

 adsm>
 q stgpool backtape format=detailed

                Storage Pool Name: BACKTAPE
                Device Class Name: CARTRIDGE
          Estimated Capacity (MB): 0.0
                            %Util: 0.0
                            %Migr: 0.0
                        High Mig%: 90
                         Low Mig%: 70
                Next Storage Pool:
           Maximum Size Threshold: No Limit
                           Access: Read/Write
            Cache Migrated Files?:
                       Collocate?: No
            Reclamation Threshold: 60
  Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: 2,000
           Migration in Progress?: No
             Amount Migrated (MB): 0.00
 Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 0
         Reclamation in Progress?: No
  Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed:
   Last Update by (administrator): SERVER_CONSOLE
            Last Update Date/Time: 12/15/1993 16:01:28

 adsm>
 q devclass cartridge format=detailed

              Device Class Name: CARTRIDGE
1        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
             Storage Pool Count: 3
 Last Update by (administrator):
          Last Update Date/Time: 12/13/1993 13:58:13
                    Device Type: Cartridge
          Maximum Capacity (MB):
        Estimated Capacity (MB): 180.0
            Dataset Name Prefix: ADSM
                    Mount Limit: 3
          Mount Retention (min): 60
                     Label Type: IBMSL
                Expiration Date: 99365
               Mount Wait (min): 60
                        Density:
                         Format: Drive
                         Length:

 adsm>
--deba
"Waiting for Attachmate Extra Windows support and Banyan VINES support in
"Waiting for Attachmate Extra Windows support and Banyan VINES support in
 ADSM"