ADSM-L

[no subject]

1993-12-14 20:00:29
From: Peter Park <ppark AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 17:00:29 PST
Once you archive a file and if you would like to change the expiration
date(now we use "Retain Version" word instead),
then you can change retain version period in the archive copy group of
the management class which is bound to that archive file and activate
the policy set which contains that management class.

however this will affect all the files archived with this particular
management class and also only ADSM admin can change this.

Peter Park.
With WDSF an expiration date can be given on the ARCHIVE command.  With
ADSM I have not been able to find any way for the user to either assign
or change the expiration date.  It appears that the only way a user can
affect the expiration date is to choose another management class (if the
installation has provided one) with the ARCHMC option on the ARCHIVE
command.  However, once a file is archived, how can you change the expiration
date?  I hope I'm missing something here because it's hard to imagine
an archiving system without a way to assign and change expiration dates.
   Bob Fowles, Center for Academic Computing, Penn State