ADSM-L

Re: Problems with WDSF->ADSM conversion

1993-12-02 11:34:54
Subject: Re: Problems with WDSF->ADSM conversion
From: David E Boyes <dboyes AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 10:34:54 -0600
> We are attempting to convert WDSF to ADSM.

Boy, you're in for Some Fun. Get on the IP list for APAR PN47179
-- it addresses a ton of problems with the WDSF conversion
routine. It's not available yet, but you can get them to send you
routine. It's not available yet, but you can get them to send you
some fixes to make the process mostly work.

 When we start ADSM with the
> DBCNVT option we receive the following ANR9999D message:
> 14:20:04 ANR5170I *** WDSF/VM to ADSM database conversion started. ***
> 14:20:10 ANR9999D DCCNVT(3591): Invalid label block found on disk 000A01.
> 14:20:13 ANR5963I ADSM server termination complete.

Did you try once already and fail? If so, then the repository
disk labels have been changed to the ADSM format and no longer
look like WDSF repository disks. You'll need to get the support
center to send you the modified WDSF DSSERV module that has the LABEL
option built in to restore the disk labels to the WDSF format and
then try again.

Also, while you're in there, increase the size of your log disks
and don't enable mirroring until the conversion is completed.
You'll need to start the import process completely over
(including the reformatting of the DB and log disks for the ADSM
server). You'll also want to increase the VM size of the ADSM DB
machine to at least 32M for the conversion process -- we ended up
running the conversion at 64M and running the server production
with a 32M VM.

> Are these codes documented anywhere?

ANR9999x seems to be the "this should never happen" error. All
the really weird things that have happened with ADSM for us have
been this generic message.