ADSM-L

TMSTVEXT-08 108020 EXPIRE IGNORED , NOT EXTERNALLY MANAGED

1993-10-28 12:52:16
Subject: TMSTVEXT-08 108020 EXPIRE IGNORED , NOT EXTERNALLY MANAGED
From: "Smith, Dean" <DSMITH8 AT IS.ARCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1993 16:52:16 GMT
We're having a problem using TMS managed tapes with ADSM on MVS DFP 3.2.  We are
setting an expiration date of 99365 while the tape contains backup/archive data.
 We have set the DELETIONexit=ARCTVEXT in ANRSMPOP server options file.  When a
tape is reclaimed the tape is removed from the storage pool, but we get the
message:

TMSTVEXT-08 108020 EXPIRE IGNORED  , NOT EXTERNALLY MANAGED

and as far as TMS is concerned, it is still ADSM's tape.

The version of ARCTVEXT is 'ARCTVEXT  CO160070 UCC-1'

Are we missing something obvious?

Dean Smith, 214.754.6415