ADSM-L

# of files listed by Q OCC command

1993-10-08 19:18:06
Subject: # of files listed by Q OCC command
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 16:18:06 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

>We've recently installed the ADSM server. As an initial test, we backed up the
>root directory of an AIX client. The backup process claimed that 807 files
>were backed up. However, when I do a QUERY OCCUPANCY for the file system,
>the response reports only 703 files. When I delete the file system, the
>server reports that 807 files were deleted. What gives? We need the correct
>number of files in order to do our billing. Thanks in advance. MK

When data is backed up, the label should probably really read Objects
Backed Up, because it counts directories as being backed up.  My guess
is that the server is showing the actual number of files on the
Q OCCUPANCY command, and the delete filespace shows actual number
of objects.  So if your accounting is keying off of the Q OCCUPANCY
command, then you should be alright.

I hope this answers your question...

Brett Walker
ADSM Client Development