ADSM-L

recycling of empty tapes

1993-10-01 12:09:08
Subject: recycling of empty tapes
From: Jim O'Leary <Jim.OLeary AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1993 11:09:08 CDT
Please forgive me for a WDSF question.  I don't know if it applies to
ADSM or not since we are still awaiting shipment.

We set the cartridge RECLAIM level to 30% and, as expected, WDSF has
emptied several cartridges.  The problem is that I was ALSO expecting it
to start reusing the empty tapes instead of asking for new ones.  Is
this supposed to happen or do we have to manually work to get the tapes
back into the stream?  (We use VMTAPE, and VMTAPE still shows that DSSERV
is the owner of the tapes, so we would need to return it to SCRATCH status
in order for it to be made available again).