Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default New error on TSM6.3.3 ANR3619W. How to fix

    Hi.

    After upgrading my servers to TSM 6.3.3 I am getting this message in the act log.

    ANR3619W The user limit for open files is below the recommended minimum value of 4096.

    I have tried to search the forum an internet, but haven't find anything useful.
    IBM say: User response - Set the user limit so that it is equal to or greater than the recommended minimum value.

    My problem is where to set this parameter TSM or the Operating system

    Could someone please help me with this.

    TSM is running on RedHat 6.4 (Santiago)

    Ivan
    (Sorry for my terrible English)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    330
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Typically I use "ulimit -a" to list all the limits, then set everything to unlimited.
    I think yours is ulimit -n (number of file handles)
    see the /etc/security/limits.conf file for comments.

  3. #3
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi.

    Tanks for the replay. It did work on RedHat 6.3 but I have the same problems with two Red Hat Enterprise 5.9 (Tikanga)
    I have done the same ulimit commands but I have the same error in the act iog.

    Please advice

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    If you issue "cat /proc/<dsmserv process id>/limits" you can see what the limits of the running process are on Linux

    This may or may not be related - but there used to be (and still might be) an issue with the rc scripts for TSM where it assumes the ulimits of the root user instead of the instance user on Linux. Assuming you use the rc scripts to start TSM - If you made changed to limits.conf, recycled TSM, and it's still not set right, this might be the cause. You can either edit the the rc scripts so they manually issue "ulimit -n 4096", or change the ulimits globally for root.

  5. #5
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi.

    Tanks for the replay.

    When I did cat /proc/11715/limits the max open files was 1024. (11715=dsmserv pid)
    As root ulimit -n was 36536 an as instance user ulimit -n was 65536
    I added the "ulimit -n 65535" in the startup script and restartet dsmserver servicen
    and now cat /proc/15123/limits ulimit -n was 65536 I'm happy

    Tanks
    Ivan

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Glad that helped!

    Cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. interim fix vs standard fix
    By cyberZ in forum TSM Server
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
  2. ANR2984E Error issues with new TSM6.3 install.
    By kofs79 in forum TSM Database
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 08:45 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 08:53 PM
  4. RC 13 error fix issues
    By cheffern in forum TSM Client
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
  5. How Tivoli Can Fix The ISC
    By chad_small in forum Administrative Client
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •