Newcomer
    Thanks

Default restore from another node

i need to restore data that resides on client a to an external hard drive. i do not have access to client a so i have plugged my external drive into client b. then i changed the dsm.opt file to include "nodename client a" and opened the GUI. i log in with system credentials & client a comes up just fine. i expand file level and then the share that i need to restore from & it seems as if there is no data below that level. i am able to log into the web client for client a & see that there is data to restore below where it stops but i cannot get to it from client b immitating client a.

i then granted proxy node authority to for client a to client b. when doing this i am able to expand file level & see the shares but then when i attempt to expand a share it hangs for a long time. 20-30 min. and then has nothing to expand under the share.

thanks in advance, i really need to know how i can perform this restore for client a data from client b.

Thanks

Hi,
    one info: between Windows- and Unix-TSM-clients you canĀ“t share backup data in that way. What OS you are using on client A and B?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hermesm View Post
    i need to restore data that resides on client a to an external hard drive. i do not have access to client a so i have plugged my external drive into client b. then i changed the dsm.opt file to include "nodename client a" and opened the GUI. i log in with system credentials & client a comes up just fine. i expand file level and then the share that i need to restore from & it seems as if there is no data below that level. i am able to log into the web client for client a & see that there is data to restore below where it stops but i cannot get to it from client b immitating client a.

i then granted proxy node authority to for client a to client b. when doing this i am able to expand file level & see the shares but then when i attempt to expand a share it hangs for a long time. 20-30 min. and then has nothing to expand under the share.

thanks in advance, i really need to know how i can perform this restore for client a data from client b.
    Export the node from TSM server A to TSM server B.
    Ed