Thanks

Default Unable to access volume xxxxx - access mode is set to "offsite"

Good Day All,

I am hoping someone may have come accross such an issue before. Essentially we have two tapes write now which fall within our reclamation threshold, however when the process tries to reclaim the two tapes the above message is encountered indicated it is unable to access it because it is set to offsite.

It is set to offsite because that's where it is, its part of our COPYPOOL and stored offsite for dr. Other tapes wit hthe offsite access hav not issues reclaiming but there are the two which are giving me issues.

I have tried running a move data and even an audit on the tapes to make sure there are no issues with them in reference to the database however it continues to give me the message that can't process because they are offsite.

Any thoughts? Am essentially self-trained on TSM on a figure out an issue as it arrises and usually when a tape runs into issues with reclamation I am able to run a move data on it without any problems until now.

Thanks,
    DaJ

Thanks

Which storage pool are you reclaiming?

You said 'reclaim the two tapes'. Essentially you don't run reclaim against tapes; you run it against the storage pool.
    Ed

Thanks

The tapes are offsite in the COPYPOOL as I had indicated, so I am running the reclamation against the COPYPOOL storagepool.

I just ran some further reviews on my activity log and I think I might have found the problem actually, I was reading my log incorrectly and it was actually pointing to a different volume this morning when it didn't reclaim which was that a tape in my tapepool is set to unavailable access (that makes a lot more sense now).

I shall make some adjustments and try my reclaim again. Sizing up that log in the console can sometimes not be very reading friendly especially since I havn't had my coffee yet.

DaJ

Thanks

Yup, issue was the unavail tape which I thought was the one I was trying to reclaim but was not although only off in the volume by one number.

Thanks,
    DaJ