Newcomer
    Thanks

Default Restore DB question

So this weekend, I had major issues with my TSM server (5.5.3 on Windows 2008R2), that caused the system to halt.
    I couldn't pinpoint the cause because every time I think I found it, another error would surface.

Turns out that initially, the logs may have filled, because starting the server in the foreground gave indications that the logs were overcommitted. I typically have safeguards for this in place, because even though I am still learning Tivoli on a daily basis, even I know better.

So I then try to extend DB, but am now getting another error about not being able to read the .dsk file.

After much troubleshooting and discovering more errors than solutions, I put in a PMR to IBM. After many hours and a multitude of trc logs and try this-try that, send me this and send me that. I was finally told that the only solution would be a db restore.

So, turns out that my logs were corrupt, db pages were corrupt, and the for the finale, the volhist.out file was a) only a partial b) unusable.

Performed db restore to previous date that was in the volhist, only a day and a half prior to failure, and it went without a hitch.
    I have mirrored db so once the server restarts after restore, the database resynchs to mirror, notices data has been added to db (via newer backup) and performs db backup at that time.

So here's the question. Since everything is now back up to-date as of last actual backup schedules due to db mirror resynch, do I actually need to perform any type of "audit vol" as stated in the documentation, or can I just do a quick barcode scan on the library and go from there? Shouldn't everything be ok now and not need this audit? I didn't do a dumpdb, loaddb or anything like that, facilitating any severe changes.

Am I correct in these assumptions??

Thanks in advance for any advice

Thanks