Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Eliminating Library Manager
10-09-2012, 12:54 PM #1
Eliminating Library Manager
Need a bit of help with the following:
I have 2 TSM servers (1 Library Manager and 1 Library Client) running TSM 188.8.131.52 on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3 x64. They are attached, via fibre, to a Quantum i6000 library with LTO3 tape drives. I need to retire the Library Manager, is there an easy way of transferring this function to the Library Client?
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
- Czech Republic
- Thanked 56 Times in 55 Posts
this documents describe it in detail
but in your situation where only one TSM server remains (as I understand it) it is reduced to simple procedure.
1) power off the library manager
2) delete the library (shared) on the library client
3) define the library on the library client (library, path, drives, paths to drives) -keep the same library name so you do not need to update the device classes
4) check in all the tapes (scratch first)
If you have any storage agent, then you have to define all the corresponding paths as well.
10-09-2012, 02:40 PM #3
By mrtturbo in forum Tape / Media LibraryReplies: 4Last Post: 08-09-2011, 12:27 AM
By dmarsee in forum Tape / Media LibraryReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM
By hari.janardhan in forum TSM Installation, Upgrade and ConfigurationReplies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
By ChrisRees in forum TSM DatabaseReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2008, 03:33 AM
By tharvey in forum Tape / Media LibraryReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2007, 09:50 AM