Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Tdpo utility errors

    Hi All,

    While running "tdpoconf showenv -tdpo_optfile=tdpo.opt", getting the below error


    IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
    Data Protection for Oracle
    Version 5, Release 5, Level 2.0
    (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2009. All rights reserved.


    ANS1217E (RC409) Server name not found in System Options File


    and for "tdposync syncdb" error is


    IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
    Data Protection for Oracle
    Version 5, Release 5, Level 2.0
    (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2009. All rights reserved.


    ANU2534E Option file error.


    any ideas pls.

    OS: IBM AIX


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator moon-buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the US
    Posts
    5,903
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 231 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Enter the SERVERNAME <server_name> found in the dsm.sys for the TDP portion in tdpo.opt file.
    Ed

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    soft link missing for dsm.sys and *_ora.opt file to under /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin
    Create it and check the status

    Thanks
    Krish
    https://www.tsmguide.co.cc

  4. #4
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi,

    checked the above things but seems everything is ok

    here I am pasting dsm.sys, dsm.opt and tdpo.opt conf files.


    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat tdpo.opt
    TDPO_NODE servrename_oracle
    DSMI_LOG /usr/local/log
    TDPO_PSWDPATH /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64


    ==============
    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat tdpo.opt
    TDPO_NODE servername_oracle
    DSMI_LOG /usr/local/log
    TDPO_PSWDPATH /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64

    =============

    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat dsm.opt
    servername TSM_servername
    language AMENG
    numberformat 1
    tapeprompt no
    timeformat 1
    ===============

    can you please have a look and correct me


    Thanks

  5. #5
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi,

    There is only one soft link under /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64

    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 33 Jul 19 18:06 en_US -> /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/lang/en_US


    FYI.... OS is 64 bit so we should user bin64 instead bin.


    Thanks

  6. #6
    Moderator moon-buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the US
    Posts
    5,903
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 231 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurki View Post
    Hi,

    checked the above things but seems everything is ok

    here I am pasting dsm.sys, dsm.opt and tdpo.opt conf files.


    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat tdpo.opt
    TDPO_NODE servrename_oracle
    DSMI_LOG /usr/local/log
    TDPO_PSWDPATH /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64


    ==============
    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat tdpo.opt
    TDPO_NODE servername_oracle
    DSMI_LOG /usr/local/log
    TDPO_PSWDPATH /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64

    =============

    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat dsm.opt
    servername TSM_servername
    language AMENG
    numberformat 1
    tapeprompt no
    timeformat 1
    ===============

    can you please have a look and correct me


    Thanks
    Where is dsm.sys?
    Ed

  7. #7
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Sorry.. Missed it
    Please find beow


    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat dsm.sys
    SErvername TSM_servername_oracle
    COMMmethod TCPip
    TCPPort 1500
    TCPServeraddress 194.194.2.45
    TCPNodelay yes
    TCPWindowsize 64
    TCPBuffsize 32
    TXNBytelimit 2048
    COMPRESSION NO
    SCHEDMODe POlling
    QUERYSCHedperiod 1
    RETRYPeriod 5
    MAXCMDRetries 1
    passworddir /home/oracle/TSM
    passwordaccess generate
    schedlogname /usr/local/log/dsmsched.log
    schedlogretention 3 d
    errorlogname /usr/local/log/dsmerror.log
    errorlogretention 3 d
    nodename hostname_ORA



    Thanks

  8. #8
    Moderator moon-buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the US
    Posts
    5,903
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 231 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurki View Post
    Sorry.. Missed it
    Please find beow


    hostname[/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64]$ cat dsm.sys
    SErvername TSM_servername_oracle
    COMMmethod TCPip
    TCPPort 1500
    TCPServeraddress 194.194.2.45
    TCPNodelay yes
    TCPWindowsize 64
    TCPBuffsize 32
    TXNBytelimit 2048
    COMPRESSION NO
    SCHEDMODe POlling
    QUERYSCHedperiod 1
    RETRYPeriod 5
    MAXCMDRetries 1
    passworddir /home/oracle/TSM
    passwordaccess generate
    schedlogname /usr/local/log/dsmsched.log
    schedlogretention 3 d
    errorlogname /usr/local/log/dsmerror.log
    errorlogretention 3 d
    nodename hostname_ORA

    Thanks
    Looks like you have only one stanza. If you are running TDP for Oracle, you must have the BA client installed (DSM.sys on stanza 1) and TDP for Oracle on stanza 2.

    In your dsm.sys above: SErvername TSM_servername_oracle this entry does not make sense as this should match what the OPT files (tdpo.opt) points to.
    Ed

  9. #9
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi,

    Tsm_servername which is mentioned in dsm.sys and tdpo.opt both are same and as we have db2 and oracle db's installed in the same server we differentiated using _oracle at the end in dsm.sys.

    Thanks,

  10. #10
    Moderator moon-buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the US
    Posts
    5,903
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 231 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurki View Post
    Hi,

    Tsm_servername which is mentioned in dsm.sys and tdpo.opt both are same and as we have db2 and oracle db's installed in the same server we differentiated using _oracle at the end in dsm.sys.

    Thanks,
    Does not seem correct. Again, you need two stanzas - one for the BA client, and the other for TDP.

    Here is how the dsm.sys looks:

    Servername TSM_server <-- this is stanza 1
    Nodename Server1
    ...
    ...

    Servername TDP_server <-- this is stanza 2
    Nodename Server1_ora
    ...
    ...

    TDPO.opt

    Servername TDP_server
    Last edited by moon-buddy; 09-23-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Ed

  11. #11
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi,

    I do not see any this type of setting in other server where we have this setup (like 2 databases in the same server)
    but It is working fine on another server.


    Thanks,

Similar Threads

  1. INCLUDE\EXCLUDE Utility
    By ironfang in forum TSM Operation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 10:23 PM
  2. Utility used on Windows server
    By nikhil_1707 in forum TSM Server
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 12:22 PM
  3. Unisphere server utility
    By kreddy in forum SAN Technical Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 11:43 AM
  4. error in diskpart utility
    By badoo in forum Restore / Recovery Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 08:19 AM
  5. TDPO Errors.
    By djeyie in forum Restore / Recovery Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •