Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: SAN Connection basics.
09-10-2012, 01:12 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Hyderabad, India
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SAN Connection basics.
i have 12 tape drives which i need to connect it to AIX server. there are already 24 tape drives are connected to it. we have number of dual port HBA's on AIX box. i am new to san and i got few basic questions.
1. how many tape drives i can connect to single port on HBA?
2. I am assuming connection flow, Tape drive --> Switch --> HBA port.
3. how many ports will be there on a single brocade switch?
4. how can i find what ports are free?
5. i should have asked this question at first place, what information should i have to connect these drives to AIX server from SAN point of view?
i may be asking silly question, any information on these will help me a lot.
one more thing anyone of you can provide me with some tutorial links or documents for learning SAN.
By TheGasGranny in forum Exchange / OutlookReplies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2010, 09:27 AM
By jcabrera in forum SAN Technical DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2007, 11:16 PM
By tsmtodd in forum ScriptingReplies: 0Last Post: 04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
By chrismr in forum Administrative ClientReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
By Winfried in forum TSM Reporting & MonitoringReplies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2002, 08:03 AM