Results 1 to 4 of 4
07-19-2012, 06:15 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TSM Database backup and DR restore failures
I am facing issues while trying to restore TSM (DR tests) database at DR location and would appreciate any help.
My TSM server (version - 220.127.116.11) is installed on Aix 6.1. We are in the midst of moving away from tape library to a data domain. The primary site has a mix of tape library and data domain whilst the secondary just has a data domain (Non VTL in a NFS mode).
This is my first ever attempt at a TSM database restore hence I do not know if I missed a step or two. I am listing out details of what I have done:
At the DR location
1. Install TSM version 18.104.22.168
2. configure a new instance: /opt/tivoli/tsm/db2/instance/db2icrt -a SERVER -u tsminst1 tsminst1
db2 update dbm cfg using dftdbpath /home/tsminst1
3. Create a snapshot database backup to fileclass at the primary location . Full backups generally go to tape device class.
4. Copied the dsmserv.opt,volhist and devconf. Modified the devconf to include only the data domain NFS mounts and removed any references to tapes
5. DataDomain async copies the database and the storage pools to the DataDomain at secondary. I took a snapshot and pointed the same to my new Aix server with mount points similar to that on the primary server. So now I have the database backup and volumes at the remote location
6. Uninstalled the older version of TSM clients which comes default with TSM and installed versions similar to the one at primary.
7. manually setup the /home/tsminst1/sqllib/userprofile file
8. Updated dsm.opt,dsm.sys for both api and ba clients, is this step needed?
9. Performed a database recovery which fails:
su - tsminst1
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv -i /home/tsminst1 restore db todate=07/08/2012 totime=13:17:35 source=dbs
ANR7811I Using instance directory /home/tsminst1.
ANR4726I The Async I/O support module has been loaded.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR1636W The server machine GUID changed: old value (), new value (d4.b5.71.c5
ANR8200I TCP/IP Version 4 driver ready for connection with clients on port
rm: 0653-611 Directory /tsm/tsm_archive_log is not empty.
mkdir: 0653-358 Cannot create /tsm/tsm_archive_log.
/tsm/tsm_archive_log: Do not specify an existing file.
ANR4916I Starting point-in-time database restore snapshot to date 07/18/12
ANR4620I Database backup series 273 operation 0 device class DD_FILECLASS_DB_B
ANR8340I FILE volume /tsm/datadomain/db_backup/42613860.DSS mounted.
ANR1363I Input volume /tsm/datadomain/db_backup/42613860.DSS opened (sequence
ANR1364I Input volume /tsm/datadomain/db_backup/42613860.DSS closed.
ANR8340I FILE volume /tsm/datadomain/db_backup/42627357.DSS mounted.
ANR1363I Input volume /tsm/datadomain/db_backup/42627357.DSS opened (sequence
ANR1364I Input volume /tsm/datadomain/db_backup/42627357.DSS closed.
ANR4638I Restore of backup series 273 operation 0 in progress.
ANR0498W Session 1 refused for SERVERXX because restore DB is in progress.
ANR2969E Database restore terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033. DB2 sqlerrmc: 136.
Have I missed any of the steps?
What could be wrong here I checked IBM codes but couldn't find any ref for the sqlerrmc?
To try and fix this error, I even tried running DSMAPIPW on the DR test server but it failed with authentication failure and communication failure -50 tcpip.
I guess it failed because of wrong password as I have never started the instance before I do not know of the current password!
Last edited by anitosam; 07-19-2012 at 07:14 PM.
By chad_small in forum Backup / Archive DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 12-13-2011, 06:28 PM
By ddjm in forum Backup / Archive DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2009, 07:10 AM
By jkslider in forum TSM ClientReplies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
By jimperrin in forum Administrative ClientReplies: 9Last Post: 06-30-2008, 12:04 PM
By sbbotto in forum Exchange / OutlookReplies: 3Last Post: 03-11-2003, 03:47 PM