Results 1 to 1 of 1
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
getting v6.3 reporting working...how i did it in an R2 env
Ok, it might posted somewhere in here, but the IBM documentation didn't help out a bit. So here's what I had to do to get the new v6.3 reporting working with TSM v63, and cognos blah blah blah:
server 1 was the tsm server
server 2 as the tsm reporting and tip server
- First join server1 and 2 to domain.
- create the instance owner account name in the dc, and corresponding group accts.
- make sure you can access the instance home directory through \\127.0.0.1\$SHARE with r/w access
- hard code ip's/hostnames into the hosts file/dns, do not trust dhcp.
- install tsm server on server1, make sure you set the instance acct ownership + the group accts.
- install tsm reporting on server2, on my install, it automatically created the local accounts.
- install tsm tipportal on server2 after reporting has been installed
- point all tip access to reporting db WAREHOUS, this is where i was struggling. If you install the tip portal on the tsm server, you'll be up a creek. The portal will not be able to squak to the WAREHOUS db. I know there are ways around it, but I found this solution to be the fastest and easiest. If you get TDW errors, it means that the ITMUser acct cannot access the db2 WAREHOUS, or doesn't know how.
-query and run, and unfortunately, learn cognos.
I hope this helps some of you. The IBM documentation for windows is next to garbage for the whole solution, i'm a nix guy and doing this on winblows was a pita. Make sure you also update your dsm.opt with the 3 reporting line entries...
By totalstu in forum TSM Reporting & MonitoringReplies: 4Last Post: 08-22-2011, 09:13 AM
By AJAIN12 in forum TSM ClientReplies: 0Last Post: 10-27-2010, 01:38 AM
By Perry in forum TSM Reporting & MonitoringReplies: 1Last Post: 09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
By Xenocide in forum TSM Reporting & MonitoringReplies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2006, 09:37 AM
By sotonyi in forum TSM ServerReplies: 1Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:20 PM