Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default DR Test on AIX V6 fails restoring TSM DB

    Hi, we're having one of our regular DR tests BUT for the first time it's V6.2.1 and I'm having trouble with the dsmserv restore db. We've got support happening from IBM but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced similar problems or has some ideas to offer.

    Environment: AIX 6.1, TSM Server 6.2.1 restoring offsite
    Command: dsmserv -i /home/tsminst1/tsminst1 restore db todate=mm/dd/yyyy totime=hh:mm:ss source=dbs
    The result:
    ANR2969E Database restore terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033. DB2 sqlerrmc: -53.

    Tracing shows: commtcp.cpp GetHostnameOrNumber(): gethostbyname(): errno = 78.

    We have no DNS at this stage but /etc/hosts is active and appears to be working.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm surrounded by people needing the TSM server and we're expecting a horde of users in a few days.

    Thanks,
    Pat

  2. #2
    Member gimlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    According to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...hostbyname.htm, gethostbyname() will attempt DNS resolution if /etc/resolv.conf exists. So, try renaming it and see if that makes a difference.

  3. #3
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The problem was fixed with the help of Tivoli Support. Our API was at 5.5.1 with the server at 6.2.1 we upgraded that and also used the loopback ip address 127.0.0.1. I believe both helped. The hard coded address may have been required because we didn't have a DNS as yet (waiting on TSM to recover). We hadn't seen any documentation stating the api was required to be at this level but support wouldn't help us with them at different levels. Also following this another issue raised it's head with us being unable to restore an image on the TSM server with the BA client on the server being at the 5.5 level. An upgrade of that fixed it. Bottom line I guess that on the TSM server at least have the levels of the server, client and api the same.

Similar Threads

  1. Installation of ISC on AIX 6.1 Fails
    By stevosoft01 in forum ISC -Integrated Solution Console
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. Database TEST restore fails
    By Myaso in forum Disaster Recovery Module
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 11:20 AM
  3. Restoring DB for DR test using 3584 ATL
    By tsmpro in forum Disaster Recovery Module
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 10:03 AM
  4. Restoring DB for DR test
    By tsmmf in forum TSM Database
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:16 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •