Newcomer
    Thanks

Default DR Test on AIX V6 fails restoring TSM DB

Hi, we're having one of our regular DR tests BUT for the first time it's V6.2.1 and I'm having trouble with the dsmserv restore db. We've got support happening from IBM but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced similar problems or has some ideas to offer.

Environment: AIX 6.1, TSM Server 6.2.1 restoring offsite
    Command: dsmserv -i /home/tsminst1/tsminst1 restore db todate=mm/dd/yyyy totime=hh:mm:ss source=dbs
    The result:
    ANR2969E Database restore terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033. DB2 sqlerrmc: -53.

Tracing shows: commtcp.cpp GetHostnameOrNumber(): gethostbyname(): errno = 78.

We have no DNS at this stage but /etc/hosts is active and appears to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm surrounded by people needing the TSM server and we're expecting a horde of users in a few days.

Thanks,
    Pat

Thanks

According to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...hostbyname.htm, gethostbyname() will attempt DNS resolution if /etc/resolv.conf exists. So, try renaming it and see if that makes a difference.

Newcomer
    Thanks

The problem was fixed with the help of Tivoli Support. Our API was at 5.5.1 with the server at 6.2.1 we upgraded that and also used the loopback ip address 127.0.0.1. I believe both helped. The hard coded address may have been required because we didn't have a DNS as yet (waiting on TSM to recover). We hadn't seen any documentation stating the api was required to be at this level but support wouldn't help us with them at different levels. Also following this another issue raised it's head with us being unable to restore an image on the TSM server with the BA client on the server being at the 5.5 level. An upgrade of that fixed it. Bottom line I guess that on the TSM server at least have the levels of the server, client and api the same.