Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

I'd expect to see something like

AddFileToLinkedList(): Entry
    Path = C:
    Filespec = ntldr
    Recursive = false
    Alt location = NULL

But there is no entry at all for ntldr in your log file.I don't suppose you had a chance to run sfc?It really does look like a Microsoft/VSS issue.

Newcomer
    Thanks

Indeed I didn't have a chance to do sfc.exe yet, as i posted - this server runs 24/7/365 and i presume that if sfc.exe find some integrity issue and switch the system files i would have to restart that machine. It's very problematic, however i've asked server team about possible maintenance window for that server but they haven't respond yet.

Thanks

Could it be related to this apar?
    maybe the solution to the problem where a missing file in the system state backup caused the backup to fail, now causes TSm not to report a error when it fails to backup or find a file?

IC65828 ENHANCE SYSTEM STATE BACKUP SO THAT IT CAN SKIP FILES ENUMERATED BY THE SYSTEM WRITER THAT DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST ON THE SYSTEM

Newcomer
    Thanks

@Hogmaster:

Thank you for your suggestion, however according to this apar and my client version i have a default SKIPMISSINGSYSWFILES set to YES (and I've even tried this explicitly in dsm.opt) and then if some systemfiles would be missing they should be skipped and the return code should be 8, but for me it's 0:

For each skipped file, a message will be issued indicating that
    the file was skipped. The return code from dsmc.exe and for
    scheduled backup operations will be 8.
    I don't get any message about those files, and I know for sure that there are existing system files on my disk that are not being backed up.

Local fix

[...]

- Create a "dummy" of the missing file (the content is unimportant), then try the system state backup operation again.
    For example i have file C:\ntldr on my disk, but it is not being backed up and according to above quote it should be.

I don't believe this apar would be the issue in my case, but still many thanks to you for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by ohwell; 11-25-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: typo

Newcomer
    Thanks

A quick sanity check has shown that there are some Microsoft hotfixes missing on this system, which are related to systemstate backup. After server team will manage to install them I will provide some more feedback if this solved the issue.

Newcomer
    Thanks

It's been some time but unfortunatelly I couldn't do anything to make things faster.

The problem has been solved, it appeared that the issue was missing hotfixes (KB934016 and KB940349) and corrupted system files. After installation of the hotfixes and reapairing system with sfc /scannow system was succesfully restored.

I wanted to thank everyone who have contributed to this thread in any way and special thanks goes to SpecialK - thank you for your time and help you have provided - I really appreciate it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12