Thanks

Unhappy Problems Installing TSM v6.1

Hi everyone, im trying to install TSM server v6.1 on a x3650 server i have two server like this.
    In the first one i have VMWare with a Win 2K3 machine and i got this problem when im trying to configure the server instance:
    "Unable to establish connection.
    All attempts to establish a connection as the instance user ID have failed. This could be duea to an invalid user ID or password, or an inability to connect to the local machine through th SSH, RSH, REXEC. or Windows SMB protocols.
    Ensure thaty you have specified a valid user ID and password and that either SSH, RSH, REXEC, or Windows SMB is enabled." In this server ive already installed cygwin to establis connections with SSH protocol form any computer in my network, so...i realy dont know whats happening in this case...the SSH protocol is up and running.

In the second case...the other physical server has Win 2K3 Standar Ed (no VMWare installed) and when the database is being created i got this error:

"Creating the database manager instance...
    The database manager instance already exists.
    Formatting the server database...
    ANR0900I Processing options file C:\Archivos de programa\Tivoli\TSM\server1\d-
    smserv.opt.
    ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 16:44:45 on Mar 13 2009.
    Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows
    Version 6, Release 1, Level 0.0
    Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
    (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2008.
    All rights reserved.
    U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
    restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.
    ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
    ANR0152I Database manager successfully started.
    ANR0152I Database manager successfully started.
    ANR0172I rdbdb.c(1044): Error encountered performing action CreateDatabase.
    ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information: -1034:**No State
    Information Available (87)**:-1034 (**No Other Information Available (130)**).Failed (sqlca.sqlcode = -1034 ) to create database TSMDB1
    Error 2158 initializing the database
    ANR2678E Server database format failed.

Format completed with return code 499"

Ive looked for the sql1034 error and its about the database DAMAGED....but which DB if there is no database created on DB2.

Anyone help...

Thanks....

kind regards

Thanks

Default TSM v6.1 Configuration Wizard

Hi,

I suggest you contact IBM Support. There is a known problem with the configuration wizard where it sometimes has problems connecting to the local system on Windows 2003. I believe there is a fix for this, targeted to be released in level 6.1.2. But they might be able to provide an e-fix for you before then.

I haven't seen the other problem you mentioned before. Some things you can look at:
    - make sure you have enough disk space set aside for the database and recovery logs. Even a small test database is going to need a minimum of 2GB for the active recovery log, and 500MB for the empty database
    - look in the Windows event logs to see if there are any errors reported
    - look in DB2's db2diag.log; this log can be difficult to read through, but it reports everything going on in DB2 and can be invaluable in diagnosing problems such as this. On Windows, this log usually lives in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\DB2\<db2copy>\<instance>\

Where <db2copy> is the name of the the DB2 copy.. For TSM, I think this will be something like TSMDB2.
    <instance> is the name of the database instance.. most likely something like SERVER1, SERVER2, etc.

Cheers,
    --Ken Hannigan
    Tivoli Storage Manager Server Development

Thanks

Default Problems Installing TSM v6.1

The problem is with the windows non-unicode applications configuration. DB2 9.5 supports the english (united states) and spanish (españa) for non-unicode applications. In latinamerica generaly the deployment enginieers have in their the Virtual Machines or Windows servers the configuration different to english (united states) or spanish (españa) in the non-unicode applications. This is the problem, DB2 cannot create the TSM database and show the following error:

ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information: -1034:**No State
    Information Available (87)**:-1034 (**No Other Information Available (130)**).Failed (sqlca.sqlcode = -1034 ) to create database TSMDB1
    Error 2158 initializing the database
    ANR2678E Server database format failed.

The solution is:

Go to the control panel > Regional Settings (configuración Regional y de idioma)> open the advanced options tab (opciones avanzadas) and change the language for non-unicode applications to english (united states) or spanish (españa) and that's it.

Rerun the TSM Wizard and the TSM Server will Work fine

This problem is not in the TSM manuals.

Regards
    Fernando Alvarez Toledo
    TSM Certified Deployment 6.1