Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Adding schedule causes client to crash

    I'm having a problem assigning a schedule to a fussy client node. I've used this schedule on dozens of nodes, and this is the only one having a problem. There are three schedules, a daily (backup), weekly (archive), and monthly (archive).

    I can assign the weekly and monthly no problem, but when I assign the daily schedule and run a q sched on the client, it will crash with one of these errors:

    dsmc.exe caused exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0000000040156893

    - or -

    Assertion failed: FB_MAGIC(fb) == FB_MAGVAL, file dsmem.cpp, line 1337


    I've tried reinstalling the client, but other than that I am out of ideas.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

  2. #2
    Moderator moon-buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the US
    Posts
    5,891
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 230 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Is this on a virtual environment - MS (not VM Ware) virtual environment?
    Ed

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon-buddy View Post
    Is this on a virtual environment - MS (not VM Ware) virtual environment?
    No, it is a physical Server 2003 x64 cluster node.

    Another possibly relevant detail is the daily schedule is using pre and post commands, while the weekly and monthly are not.

  4. #4
    Senior Member THE_WIPET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    you try this on your physical node or your cluster node?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE_WIPET View Post
    Long shot have you try - Uninstalling the daily sched, and only install the weekly? if it's working.. try to add the daily after!
    I've tried all sorts of combination... but as soon as teh daily is added, BAM. Crash.

  6. #6
    Senior Member THE_WIPET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    sorry i miss read your post.. i thought it was when you install the weekly that it crash... I supose you are not working with the same dsm.opt?

  7. #7
    Senior Member THE_WIPET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Another possibly relevant detail is the daily schedule is using pre and post commands, while the weekly and monthly are not.

    did you try the daily without the pre and post cmd?

  8. #8
    Senior Member THE_WIPET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    asking cause i got multiple schedule running on win2k3 X64 clusters (Physical node and cluster node) and with TDP's without a glitch.. but i'm not using pre and post command.

    what version you are running 5.3 5.4 5.5?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE_WIPET View Post
    asking cause i got multiple schedule running on win2k3 X64 clusters (Physical node and cluster node) and with TDP's without a glitch.. but i'm not using pre and post command.

    what version you are running 5.3 5.4 5.5?
    5.5 with clients at 5.5.4

  10. #10
    Senior Member THE_WIPET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    what is doing your pre and post cmd?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE_WIPET View Post
    what is doing your pre and post cmd?
    The pre is calling a vb script which uses some snap manager commands to mount SQL snapshots for backup.
    the post command unmounts them.

    Doing this on the majority of our database servers, no problem.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Not much of a fix, but I tried the latest and greatest x64 client and all seems to be well now.

  13. #13
    Senior Member THE_WIPET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    glad to know... but a realy wierd problem!

Similar Threads

  1. TSM 5.3 client running on SLES9 causes server to crash (xseries)
    By andruszd in forum Backup / Archive Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 02:22 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 11:53 AM
  4. Crash Restore W2K client
    By gsavy in forum Backup / Archive Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 03:57 AM
  5. ADDING TSM CLIENT NODES
    By visionary in forum Backup / Archive Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •