Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy
ADSM.ORG is a portal for computer storage management and related products. ADSM.ORG forum moderator is human and will make mistakes from time to time. However, as the benevolent dictator of the website, will always have the final say on any website related matters.
- Search before posting - Please try to use the search feature on the website prior to starting a new topic regarding a problem you are experiencing. Chances are, due to the rapid growth of the forum, your problem may have been solved already or a problem similar to it. By searching prior to posting, you will help yourself by find a solution sooner, and keep the newer problems in focus.
- Ask Questions The Smart Way - If you are new to the Internet, forums or TSM, or if you just aren't sure what kinds of questions are okay to ask and how they should be phrased, then please read Eric Raymond's Ask Questions The Smart Way for guidance on asking questions more effectively.
- Choose an appropriate subject line -Try to summarize the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ; read this or you will be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Use common sense - Just because it isn't explicitly stated as one of the rules below doesn't mean it's OK. Use common sense and good Netiquette when posting, replying and browsing these forums. This includes the following:
- No posts for the sole purpose of increasing your postcount.
- No "senseless" posts. Yes, its subjective. As a subjective way to help understand, if a coherent conversation cannot be read in the thread, it might be senseless.
- Please do not post SPAM/unrelated posts, thread bumping, useless one liners, flamewars, or trolling.